Friday 11 December 2009

Storyboards: Animatic

From my initial storyboard drawings, I extracted each shot and aligned them in a timeline with the music we are using, "5 Years Time" by Noah and the Whale, in order to create an "Animatic" version of our video in my own editing software on my PC at home - Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. Although I should have used Final Cut Pro, I decided that I didn't really need any expert or professional-looking effects or transitions on the Animatic version as it was only the rough draft of the final piece.

The purpose of the Animatic was to picture how each shot would look and how we could improve on the shots in order for both the music and our storyline to make sense.

If you have any prob;ems viewing the Animatic (below), follow this link to the video on my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URT-dQCtLNY