Monday 22 February 2010

The Promotional Package (CD Album Cover) Ideas

As I had researched Noah and the Whale's earlier CD Covers and Promotional (Marketing) Campaigns, I had a few ideas floating around about how our CD Covers and Posters should look like. First I hand-sketched and coloured a few sketches.

Instead of photocopying or scanning them onto the computer, I drew them onto my computer with the use of a special wireless drawing tablet and pen. The results, as you will find below, roughly demonstrate the thoughts behind colouring, typefaces, and positioning of titles and pictures.

The final drawing wasn't one of the original sketches. I tried to replicate the "Welcome to Las Vegas" signpost for the title of the song (5 Years Time), and in all sketches tried to relate the band's name to the band's logo, as seen on the front cover of the album Peaceful, the World Lays me Down.

The sketches and drawings aren't accurate, or indeed drawn to a specific size and shape, therefore I chose to upload these ideas onto this Blog for future reference.

Sketch 1:

Sketch 2:




Sketch 3:

Sketch 4:


Sketch 5: