Friday 5 February 2010

Log, Capture and First Edit

Today we managed to sort out the problem we had last Friday with logging and capturing our footage. There was one minor hiccup, where we started to record instead of playback our footage, but we only lost a couple of seconds of footage which wasn't that important anyway.

After logging and capturing the footage, Josh started to piece together all the shots in a timeline in Final Cut Pro, whilst I continued my research into the aged-film "Super 8mm" Film Effect using both the internet and Final Cut Pro to experiment with different effects. Emily, meanwhile, continued to develop her own individual ideas for the Digipack (CD Cover) and Poster.

I exported the first edit from Final Cut Pro into a ".mov" file. The cuts and transitions are not yet perfect, as this is like a first draft of the project so far. Therefore, don't expect to see perfection. I have uploaded the file to my YouTube Channel, and will soon upload it here once I have compressed the file to a smaller size.
The photographs above are screenshots I made of the handheld shot which rotates 360 degrees in a circle - we used this shot in our editing.