Friday 25 September 2009

Pop Promotion Pack: The Brief

As part of the A2 course, I was asked to produce a promotional package for the release of a music album as part of my coursework. This should include a music promotional video for a chosen album track, together with two of the following three contents of a promotional package:

- a website homepage for the band
- a cover for its release as part of a CD/DVD digipack (packaging)
- a magazine or newspaper article, or advertisement for the digipack.

To successfully complete the task, as with our coursework in the AS year, I will be working in a group of four or less, taking on different roles and responsibilities and one main role.

I should consider the institution it would be most suited to and the possible TV channels and websites my music video could be distributed on. I should also consider the feel of the whole package and make sure that all three pieces of work that I produce link together in some way or another, and are not three separate products.